37.5 F
New York
Friday, January 22, 2021

Sunrun Inc. [NASDAQ: RUN] To Acquire Rival Vivint Solar Inc. [NYSE: VSLR]

Must read

Haemonetics [NYSE: HAE] To Purchase Cardiva For An Upfront Payment Of $475M

Haemonetics Corporation revealed that the company has inked a definitive contract to purchase Cardiva Medical Inc. Under the contract, Haemontics will pay an...

Philips [NYSE: PHG] To Purchase Capsule Technologies For Cash Consideration Of USD 635M

Koninklijke Philip revealed that the company has inked a contract to purchase Capsule technologies. The company will pay a cash price of $636...

Thermo Fisher Scientific [NYSE: TMO] To Purchase Mesa Biotech For Approx. $450M In Cash

Thermo fisher scientific inc revealed that the company has signed a definitive contract to purchase Mesa Biotech. Thermo will pay a value price...

Shutterstock [NYSE: SSTK] To Extend Its Agreement With EPA

Shutterstock reported that the company renewed its exclusive contract with the European Pressphoto Agency. The extended contract is to distribute the visual content...

Residential solar electricity provider Sunrun Inc. [NASDAQ: RUN] announced that they have decided to acquire the rival American solar energy company Vivint Solar Inc. [NYSE: VSLR] for about $3.2 billion including debt.

Shareholders of Vivint Solar will gain 0.55 shares of Sunrun for each share held. Sunrun’s shareholders will own about 64% of the joint venture, while the remaining 36% will be held by Vivint Solar’s shareholders.

The exchange ratio means a 10% premium for Vivint Solar shares based on closing prices on Monday and a 15% premium to the exchange ratio implied by the three-month volume-weighted average price of Vivint Solar and Sunrun shares.

Sunrun Inc and Vivint Solar Inc both aimed to make a planet run by the sun. Both companies shared a mission of empowering families to take control of their energy future. Companies said that there is a need to decarbonize our current energy system.

In the past 52-weeks of trading Solar Energy Inc., stocks have fluctuated between a low of $7.84 and a peak of $23.66. Right now, its stock soared 6.70% and up +1.34 during the trading session of Monday. It has a closing price of $21.34. RUN has a day low and day high range of $20.53-$21.70, respectively.

Sunrun Inc. most recently reported a gross margin of 23.60%, and operating margin of -26.80%, and a profit margin of 1.40%. This company has return on assets (ROA) of 0.20%, return on equity (ROE) of 1.30%, and return on investment (ROI) of -5.80%.

On the other hand, Vivint Solar Inc. stocks exhibited a change of +0.56 and a percentage change of 5.56% at a closing price of $10.63. It has recorded the day low range of $10.30 and a high range of $10.86.

VSLR’S Gross Margin is currently 23.90%, Profit Margin is -32.00% and an Operating Margin is -54.90%. Continuing to look at its profitability, Vivint Solar Inc’s Return on Assets, Equity and Investment is sitting at -4.30%,-60.30%, -20.00%, respectively.

More articles

Latest article

Tencent Music [NYSE: TME] To Purchase 100% Equity Interest Of Lazy Audio

Tencent Music Entertainment Group reported that the company has signed a contract to purchase 100 percent shares of Lazy Audio. Lazy audio is...

Desktop Metal [NYSE: DM] Inks Agreement To Purchase EnvisionTEC

Desktop Metal reported that the company inked a definitive contract to purchase EnvisionTEC. Desktop Metal will purchase EnvisionTEC for a total consideration of...

Sequential Brands [NASDAQ: SQBG] Partnered With Omega Apparel To Create A New Collection

Sequential Brands Group reported that the company has collaborated with Omega Apparel for its denim business. With this partnership, the company will develop...

Marathon Petroleum [NYSE: MPC] Appoints New CFO

Marathon Petroleum Corp. reported that the company has named Maryann T. Mannen as the CFO and Executive V.P of the company. Maryann has...

QUALCOMM [NASDAQ: QCOM] Announces To Purchase NUVIA For $1.4Billion

QUALCOMM Incorporated reported that its unit, Qualcomm technologies inked a contract to purchase NUVIA.  The company will purchase NUVIA for nearly $1.4B. The...

Trivago [NASDAQ: TRVG] Reported The Purchase Of Weekend.com

Trivago reported that the company has purchased Weekend.com. Weekend it just started based in Germany, its main aim is to provide stimulating getaway...

Arthur J. Gallagher [NYSE: AJG] Reports To Purchase 100% of The Bollington Wilson Group

Arthur J. Gallagher reported that the company has inked a contract to buy 100% of the Bollington Wilson group. Bollington is an insurance...

Grainger [NYSE: GWW] Reports Changes In The Executive Leadership

Grainger reported changes in its Executive leadership. The leading supplier and distributor of MRO products appointed Deidra Merriwether as the Chief Financial officer....